Local Governing Body
The purpose of governance is to provide confident and strong strategic leadership which leads to robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance.
Boards must be ambitious for all children and young people and infused with a passion for education and a commitment to continuous school improvement that enables the best possible outcomes. Governance must be grounded in reality as defined by both high-quality objective data and a full understanding of the views and needs of pupils/students, staff, parents, carers and local communities. It should be driven by inquisitive, independent minds and through conversations focussed on the key strategic issues which are conducted with humility, good judgement, resilience and determination.
Effective governance is based on six key features:
- Strategic leadership that sets and champions vision, ethos and strategy
- Accountability that drives up educational standards and financial performance
- People with the right skills, experience, qualities and capacity
- Structures that reinforce clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- Compliance with statutory and contractual requirements
- Evaluation to monitor and improve the quality and impact of governance.
The Local Governing Body provides focused governance at a local level. It monitors the School’s key performance indicators and acts as a critical friend to the School Leadership, providing challenge where appropriate. It plays a part in representing the views of the School’s stakeholders eg. parents, staff.
The minutes from the Local governing body meetings are published here.
Chair of Governors - Lynne Allan
Vice Chair - Pauline Black
Liz Hardy - Headteacher
Michael Davenport - Staff Governor (Deputy Headteacher)
Rihula Sameer-Mour - Staff Governor (Teacher)
Louise Garvey - Staff Governor (Teaching Assistant)
Sian Hanison - Parent Governor
Jane Carrol - Parent Governor
Sarah Turner - Co-Opted Governor
Chris Teasdale - Co-Opted Governor
Emma Forrester - Co-Opted Governor
Clerk - Jenny Adie